Spring is the time when nature awakens from its winter sleep and everything returns to life. The first spring breath is felt on International Women’s Day celebrated on March 8, in the very beginning of spring. Traditionally, PSU holds the first stage of the International Inter-institutional Competition of Grace and Artistry “Spring Queen”. Thus, on March 6 this year, the most beautiful, intelligent and motivated ladies competed for the title “Spring Queen of PSU - 2019”!
Our courteous show’s hosts, Semyon Kolyada, a student of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, and Ashyr Jemirov, a student of the Faculty of Law, introduced the participants:
- Victoria Sysoy - Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Diana Svitina - Faculty of Finance and Economics;
- Karina Furs - Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Yekaterina Lopatina - Faculty of Humanities;
- Anastasia Yarmolik - Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Irina Belyay - Faculty of Finance and Economics;
- Yekaterina Shuman - Faculty of Mechanics and Technology;
- Yulia Bokhan - Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Victoria Smertyeva - Faculty of Humanities;
- Elena Khodunova - Faculty of Finance and Economics.
The jury were represented by:
- Oksana Petkevich, the head of the Novopolotsk affiliate of a podium-school of Sergey Nagorny’s Fashion Studio;
- Alexander Prokhorov, the first secretary of Novopolotsk City Organization “Belarusian Republican Youth Union”;
- Pavel Dubrinsky, a film and stage actor, organizer of advertising and social projects and actions;
- Victoria Nemirskaya, the head of the Dance Centre “Victoria”, certified educator of higher category, conducting master-classes in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, South Korea, the International Fest “Dance Fest” organizer, the director of the Wedding and Evening Dresses Salon “White Star”;
- Maria Prashkovich, a finalist of the beauty contests “Miss Novopolotsk-2016” and “Miss Belarus-2018”;
- Dmitry Serdyuk, the deputy director of the Entertainment Club “Kentavr”.
Vice Rector for Educational Work Pavel Kovalenko started the competition with a welcoming speech and congratulated all ladies on a wonderful holiday and wished the participants good luck.
“Spring Waltz” opened the competition. The Wedding and Evening Dresses Salon “White Star” provided beautiful dresses for the first stage as its partner. The wave of beauty and grace swept over the concert hall as soon as our charming participants came on stage. Beauty and grace filled the concert hall as soon as our charming participants came on stage.
The second stage revealed a great variety of participants’ talents. It should be noted that they did a great job presenting different dances and songs to the audience and jury.
The topic for discussion on the 3rd intellectual stage was “I want to be like…”. The ladies were to think of famous Belarusian people, their personal qualities and achievements beforehand and choose one of them. Among the role models were Daria Domracheva, Victoria Azarenko, Irina Krivko, Olga Korbut, Anna Maslovskaya, Stefania Stanyuta, Euphrosyne of Polotsk, Emilia Plyater, Nadezhda Khodasevich and Svetlana Alekseyevich. This stage proved that each girl is special and unique.
The next stage was a competitive runway walk “Wreath of Beauty” that reminded the audience about the small native land they love and always want to visit.
An exciting modern runway walk “Сity Music”, accompanied by representatives of kid’s fashion theatre “Fest”, charged everyone with positive energy.
The most romantic moment of this spring show was a finale runway walk wearing evening dresses. While singing, our student from Congo Baya Tshiteya Kaleb took the participants to enjoy the ambience and romance of Paris, the city of fashion, beauty and eternal love.
We can’t but pay special attention to the performances of PSU creative groups. Semira Goncho, a student at the Faculty of Information Technologies, creative group of the Faculty of Humanities, the modern dance studio “TORYDANCE”, the singing group “Miracle” and the singing studio “Nastroyeniye” representatives Anastasia Ivanova and Yaroslav Yevtushevsky congratulated all present in the concert hall on the spring holidays.
And the moment of truth has come. The winners are as follows:
Victoria Smertyeva has won the title of the “Spring Queen of PSU 2019”.
Karina Furs has become the “First Vice-Queen of PSU 2019”.
Yekaterina Lopatina has become the winner of the online voting “Online Spring Queen of PSU” and the “Second Vice-Queen of PSU 2019”.
All the contestants received participation certificates and presents from the event sponsors, that were represented by: PSU Trade Union Committee, PSU Tourist Centre, cosmetics companies “Oriflame” and “Yves Rocher”, Wedding and Evening Dresses Salon “White Star”, tannery “Kolyada”, dancing centre “Victoria”, sports and dance club “Sofit Club”, travel company “Viking Touristic”, “Online” café, “Sushi Shop”, Novopolotsk branch of the bread-baking factory “Vitebskkhlebprom”, printing centre “Polotsky Drukar”, board games club “Lifetime”, nightclub “Plastilin”, entertainment club “Kentavr” and beauty salon “Perfect”.
Congratulations! We wish you a good mood, love, beauty and eternal youth!
Photo: Polina Kosarevskaya